(Discounts may be available for non-profit and charitable events)
- A representative of the Village will check in during the time periods above.
- Rental fees and times include set-up and clean-up.
- Building doors and windows must be kept closed when furnace or air conditioning is in use.
- Events must end by 10 p.m., and all persons must leave by 11 p.m.
- No dogs or pets are allowed on the grounds at any time unless special permission is secured at the time of rental.
- Persons/Organizations renting the facilities are responsible for the behavior of the people attending their event. If at any time a person or persons show disorderly behavior, the representative of the Village has permission to have the person(s) removed, and, if so deemed, terminate the event.
A. Deposits (Non-refundable) and Security Deposit
1. Half of the fee is due at signing of the rental agreement.
2. The balance is due one week prior to the event.
1. The Village is smoke free. The only exception is a designated smoking area outside the south exit of the Schaeffer Barn.
2. The use or possession or any illegal drugs or substances is strictly prohibited.
C. Alcoholic Beverages
1. Any use of alcohol must first be agreed upon at time of rental agreement.
2. Alcohol may be brought on the Village grounds only by the persons/organizations renting a facility.
3. Alcohol is limited to wine and/or beer products.
4. Any representative of the Village may NOT sell or serve alcohol at any time.
1. Modern restrooms are located in the Visitor Center.
2. Restrooms in the John Wright Mansion may only be used if part of the rental.
E. Clean up
1. Persons/Organizations putting on the event are responsible for clean-up.
F. Set-up and decorating
1. If more time is needed for set-up or decorating, special arrangements must be made ahead of time.
2. Decorations may be put up and equipment brought in as arranged at time of rental signing.
3. Decorations may not be put up with nails.
4. All decorations and equipment will be removed by agreement at the time of rental signing.
5. Unless arrangements are made in advance any equipment and utensils belonging to the Village may not be used.
G. Damaged property
1. The renter will be responsible for the full cost or cleaning and/or repairing of any stains or damage above and beyond normal wear and tear of the Village’s property. This includes damage caused by the Renter, Renter’s guests, Renter’s service providers or any individual(s) connected to the Renter’s event.
1. Cancellation by Renter must be in writing
2. If the Renter and Village administration agree that an event must be postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, the Village will re-schedule the event on a space-available basis, and the rental deposit will be transferred to the re-scheduled booking. The Village is not liable for any additional costs incurred by the Renter as a result of the postponement.